Monday, February 20, 2012
Who Doesn't Like A Nice Bit Of Sausage?
So I had a main meal to produce, three sausages and couldn't be bugg no desire to go shopping in sub-zero temperatures. Some creativity required. And thus was born a new family favourite: the rather grandly-titled Saucisse En Croute or Sossidges In Pastry. Sausagey goodness, smothered in caramelised onions and wrapped in golden puff pastry. Serve with mashed potatoes and a nice, rich gravy. Apologies, but I forgot to take a pic this time around, so will have to upload one next time.Where we live ready-made, ready-rolled puff pastry of very good quality is available very cheaply, so when we do the supermarket shop each month I literally gather up an armful of the stuff to chuck in the freezer. Defrosts quickly, especially when placed on or by the cooker when the oven is heating up, and incredibly useful. I bake a lot of savoury pastries for packed lunches, starters and apéro snacks so I try to always have a stock of such basics. I can and do, occasionally, make my own puff pastry from scratch but the ready-rolled is just as good for everyday baking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment