
Some time ago I came across an article about '
The Shooter's Sandwich' - an Edwardian recipe for a hearty, meal-in-one sandwich from another era that sounded mouth-wateringly good. So of course I bookmarked it, declaring my intention to recreate this delight at the earliest opportunity. Nearly two years and a house-move later and voila!I had a spare bit of steak knocking about (like you do) and decided it had a great future ahead of it.Steak, mushrooms, shallots and crusty bread all come together in a gastronomic experience that still makes me smile when I think about it two days later. I made a token effort of slicing up a little fresh tomato and cucumber to have on the side but this went largely ignored by the family. Washed down with a glass or two of robust red. I made The Sandwich and The Sandwich was goooooooood.
No comments:
Post a Comment