Ingredients:
- Prep time: approximately 2 hours
- Cooking time: around 15 minutes
Instructions:
- Warm the milk gently until warm to the touch, but not boiling.
- Pour milk into a jug or bowl, add sugar and yeast and stir well. Leave in a warm place for 10-15minutes until it begins to bubble on the surface.
- Sift together the flour and salt.
- Make a well in the middle and add yeast mixture.
- Work into a dough, adding a little water or a little flour if necessary so not too wet or dry.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until a smooth dough (I recommend about 10 mins).
- Place back in mixing bowl, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place until doubled in size (about an hour).
- Roll out the dough until around 1.5cm thick and cut into rounds. Place on lightly oiled tray and leave to rise for another 30 mins.
- Lightly oil a frying pan and heat gently.
- Cook the muffins in the frying pan for around 7 mins each side.
NOTES:The pan will need to be on a VERY low heat to cook muffins thoroughly and allow them to rise properly.Most recipes I read listed lard instead of oil. I can't easily get my hands on lard ans it's very bad for you anyway! I found that a light covering of sunflower oil worked perfectly well.
No comments:
Post a Comment