Wednesday, September 19, 2012

When The Cat's Away The Mice Will Eat Chicken Pizza

The Husband is away this week,so last night it was me, The Daughter, 'Heathers' on dvd and a big ol' homemade pizza with chicken on.  There are many things I won't eat on pizza but chicken ain't one of 'em.  Unfortunately, The Husband is not a fan so we only have chicken pizza in his absence.  I made a standard pizza dough, and topped it with pesto sauce, garlic, strips of chicken breast and red peppers, and buffalo mozzarella. It was goooood.  Hardly worth posting a full recipe, though, so for your gastronomic pleasure today, dear Internet, I have written up my Poulet Sauce Estragon, which is a chicken dish The Husband certainly will eat.  It's worth taking the time to reduce the liquids properly at each stage of the sauce as this builds the flavour beautifully.  It's pretty straight forward and simple to make, but it tastes complicated and a bit of effort with the presentation makes it quite impressive indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment