Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sleep? Well it's hardly as important as food, is it?

Dear Internet,
Lying there at 3am, totally unable to sleep, my head had started buzzing with food thoughts (well there's a shocker!) so I thought I might as well use it positively (I predict some napping later).
Pastry of the week?  Well I've found a recipe in a book on breads that I bought years ago but have never, come to think of it, actually used.  The recipe is actually for anchovy and black olive fougasse, so I shall attempt to adapt it accordingly.  My main concern is how to get the texture to match that of the one from the boulangerie.  I aim to post the results and recipe tomorrow (Friday).
I need to get my bum in gear and write up some more of my tried-and-tested recipes, (as well as a bazillion other things on my list) so I'll make a start this morning with Mi-Cuit au Chocolat.  This gorgeously chocolatey dessert is perfect for dinner parties, or just for when you want things prepped well in advance, so you can relax and enjoy dinner with your family.  They require at least 4 hours in the freezer before cooking, but can be made up to 15 days in advance.  Being made in individual portions means that you have a great deal of flexibilty with regards to numbers, and they look gorgeous too. They are very rich and chocolatey, so I recommend cream or plain vanilla ice cream as an accompaniment.  Even at 4am my mouth is watering at the thought of them.  Good job the new exercise bike arrives this week.......

No comments:

Post a Comment