Meatballs. Sometimes I make them with ground beef, sometimes with pork. I wanted to change things up from the norm so this weekend I decided to to stuff my balls with buffalo mozzarella. Take small mounds of the seasoned meat of your choice (in this case ground pork with fresh basil, salt, pepper and a touch of mustard powder) and wrap it around diced buffallo mozzarella to form balls. The mozz needs to be diced fairly small so that it melts during cooking, without the meat needing to be overcooked.
Sear your balls in olive oil-ed frying pan, then add in tomatoes, red wine etc - according to your own taste - to make the sauce. For your balls.
When you cut into your balls the mozzarella should ooze out runnily and make a delicious contrast to the rich red sauce. I never understood the fuss about buffallo mozz as opposed to the cheaper stuff until I tried it. So. Freakin. Worth it. We now eat half as much mozzarella but, having tasted the good stuff, we'd rather have quality over quantity any day.
Nice balls.
No comments:
Post a Comment