Thursday, September 27, 2012

Accept cookies?

I have been using the same cookie recipe for years now, refined from one I found online back around ought five (which I have long since lost the link to - apologies to the originator).  This week The Husband requested a batch to keep his students' spirits up on a technical course he is delivering, and The Daughter likes to take my baked goods to lycĂ©e to share with friends, so I have been spreading joy and diabetes throughout.
I find that the trick is to remove them from the oven whilst they are still moist enough not to go too hard upon cooling, but not so moist that they fall apart on the cooling rack.  This will inevitably vary according to your cooker, so just keep an eye on them from about 10 mins onwards.
The recipe is very heavy on sugar, so I only make them as a special treat or as a bribe/thank you to someone doing me a favour. Cookies: acceptable currency in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment