Welcome to another Pastry Of The Week Whenever-I-Get-Around-To-It. Don't even ask.
Fondant au Chocolat has nothing to do with icing fondant, as some of my (imaginary) American readers might think, but is a soft, moist chocolate cake, usually with a chocolate glaze on top. If The Daughter ever recovers the camera cable from the hellmouth that is her bedroom i will show you a picture of it in all its chocolatey glory.
The cake is somehow moist and rich without being too heavy, or tasting underdone. For the glaze, the boulanger was unable to tell me what the ingredients were as he doesn't make it from scratch. Unfortunately it is hard to get hold of quite a number of ingredients for breads and patisseries here because it's a 'trade' thing and they are not known or available in shops. Arse.
I have seen numerous recipes for Fondant au Chocolat, so I am going to have a poke around and try one or two out and see if I can come up with a glaze that fits. Wish me luck, my imaginary friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment