Friday, March 9, 2012

Just An Old Scrubber

To my horror it has been a week since I wrote anything (although I'm pretty sure not even the neighbour's cat is reading this).  Between The Girl's 16th birthday celebrations and the Spring Cleaning that followed I have not really had time for any new adventures.  Also, Bastard Oven is on it's way out, with increasingly erratic temperature control, so until the new one arrives I may find myself concentrating more and more on stove-top meals, which is a bit of an embuggeration to say the least.

To assuage my guilt at not having produced any articles for a while, l shall draw on my 'back catalogue' of recipes from over the years to try and get back on track (and to make it worth while building the recipe index!).  However, just before the wave of birthday activity engulfed me, I did discover a new family favourite in calzone, although with some of the recipes I read I was somewhat taken aback by the fierceness of the comments regarding authenticity.  I settled for putting in fillings that appealed to me and The Family and lay no claim to authenticity whatsoever.  I am about as Italian as haggis.  I do, however, know what tastes good to me and mine.

Another great success was the No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake created for The Girl's birthday dessert.  Cheesecake is one of those recipes that I've always been meaning to make - can't believe it took me this long!  Nom.

I feel I must also relate to you The Tale Of The Crumpets Of Woe  - proof if ever it was needed that one cannot get it right every time, no matter how how great one's enthusiasm....

No comments:

Post a Comment