Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bye-bye Bastard Oven

Well between illness and failing kitchen appliances there'a not been much to write about on the food front.  Every oven has its own 'feel' and often develops quirks, but the Bastard Oven has deteriorated to the point where it is utterly unreliable.  Thanks to the wonder of online shopping and four 'easy' payments, a shiny new Lovely Oven shall soon be delivered and Bastard Oven carted off to wherever uncompliant appliances go to die. That'll teach it to bugger up my bagels.

In the meantime I am mostly just adding more of my tried-and-tested recipes to the site, although I did come up with a new chocolate dessert the other weekend, inspired by a recipe in an old magazine.  I am rubbish at naming recipes (they tend to be horrible puns and in-jokes that only those closest to me would get) but in an effort to be vaguely sensible and descriptive I shall try calling it No Bake Chocolate Cake Surprise.

Trust me: I create better recipes than titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment