Friday, January 4, 2013

Just Loafing Around

Fresh LoafWell we did it: house full of relatives, a Christmas party and much, much more.  Utterly exhausted, liver on strike, and sleep pattern of a feckless student as a result.

All the food went down very well, especially the pork pie etc at the Christmas party (although Christmas lunch could have been better if I hadn't partaken so liberally of the Bucks Fizz before attempting the Smoked Duck Risotto.  Whoops.)  Wonderful meal (as usual) at La Broussaillande on Christmas Eve. (Their food is much better than their website!)  Hundreds of mince pies made and consumed, bread baked, cookies that seem to evaporate when The Girl's Boyfriend is around.....

Next week should see a return to form and I will get things written up, like the beef tortellini we made for New Year etc. For now I have promised myself a quiet weekend of good food, relaxation and just a drop or two of good wine.

Happy New Stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment