Some years ago back in Blighty I decided to master chocolate mousse, and settled on a Raymond Blanc recipe from his excellent 'Foolproof French Cookery' tome (although I later upped the chocolate content slightly). Since moving to France I have eaten many chocolate mousses made by many people, and allowed their ideas to influence me. To be honest, I lost confidence in my recipe, thinking that because they were French they must know better than me when it comes to food, even if they ad never tasted my mousse. (NOT ALWAYS TRUE. I have met some
terrible French cooks since living here.)
My chocolate mousses just weren't what they used to be. So last Friday I dragged out my grubby, food-smeared cooking journal of yore and resurrected the old recipe. Best. Chocolate. Mousse.
Ever. In A Very Long Time. I knew it was
a good recipe, I just lost my way for a while. Of course one should always be open to ideas from others, but when something it is good, it is good.
Get yourself some good ingredients, think hard about your technique and
cook with confidence. I bet it tastes amazing.
Love, bob x
No comments:
Post a Comment