The puns just get better and better.
Pork chops are a regular at our house - not too expensive and go well with a variety of side dishes. Last week I was looking for a way to change things up a little and found some good, some bad, and some just plain terrible. Pork chops cooked in Coca Cola, anyone?......anyone? Buerk.
I settled upon Côtes de Porc Sauce Charcutière : pan-fried pork chops with a slightly tangy, tomatoey sauce. The main ingredients are white wine, shallots, tomato purée, mustard and a few sliced cornichons (mini pickles - sounds a little odd to some, but they add the delicious tang).
Side dishes should be simple, as the sauce provides the focus of the dish. To maximise the flavour, before serving the sauce I poured it into the frying pan the chops were cooked in to soak up the delicious, buttery meat juices. So popular they've asked for it again tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment