Grrrr. Sunday I made a beautiful rasberry cheesecake, with mixed red fruits on top. The no-bake recipe that I use requires a few hours in the freezer to set, then remove from freezer about an hour before eating. The Daughter was too impatient to wait for the damn thing to defrost, so when she cut into it in its semi-rock-hard state, it cracked down the middle and half of it ricocheted off onto the floor. Being a teenager, she is a great believer in the '5 second rule'. Having three dogs and knowing exactly when that floor had last been mopped, I ruled against. Arrrrrgh! Hulk angry!
I was pretty much incandescent and lost all appetite for cheesecake (THAT's how upset I was). Not my most mature moment, but I put my heart and soul into my food and to see it trashed like that..... well you might as well kick me in the fork and spit in my face.
Other than that, I have been tinkering around with different breads, such as cheesy baps (pwahahahah) and garlic dough balls (balls!), partly because I am enjoying improving my bread-making, partly because having the oven on warms up the kitchen a treat at this time of year. Perhaps I'll post some recipes/tips for breads later this week, but for now it's lunchtime. Hulk hungry. Bon appetit.
No comments:
Post a Comment