I was pleased at how simple they were to prepare (a basic dough, leave to double in size etc) but the cooking is a bit fiddly and requires your full attention. The oven needs to be very, very hot and the baking tray should be pre-heated on a shelf at the very bottom of the oven. The bread is cooked for 3-4 minutes on one side, then flipped over and cooked another couple of minutes on the other, so keep a good pair of tongs handy and keep an eye on the progress of the bread, as ovens often vary. It's a bit of a hot and fiddly chore to do a whole batch, but the results are delicious.
Try adding poppy seeds or herbs etc to the dough to change it up a little.
There. Whole paragraphs without a single double entendre or reference to alcohol. Perhaps I'm maturing. Perhaps I need a glass of wine......
No comments:
Post a Comment