Today, imaginary readers, I offer you my tried and tested recipe for Tapenade, an olive-based spread for snacks and hors d'oeuvres, as well as for use in other recipes, such as the comically-named Pissaladière.
Tapenade can be made from either green or black olives, but we as a family prefer black. They needn't be expensive ones, tinned ones will do. Some may find the inclusion of anchovies in the ingredients a little off-putting, but they combine with the others to make a well-rounded, savoury flavour. It has a strong taste, but one that is redolent of the sunny Mediterranean cuisine that I love. It can be eaten on the day of preparation, but I find it is best made 24hrs in advance to give the flavour time to mature. Sealed in an air-tight jar and refrigerated it will last up to a week. Serve in a bowl, accompanied by slices of baguette, allowing guests to spread their own according to taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment