Well the winter ennui is becoming rather stifling. I have cooked so many stews and roasts etc that I have begun to actually dream about barbecue season. Yesterday I made a Cassoulet, which has been off the menu the last couple of winters as I made it so often during our first winters in France. To be honest, I was a little rusty as regards the recipe, and there are so many variations out there (one of those French dishes that everyone seems to have an opinion on) that I just got some appropriate meats and kept it very simple. It's hot, tasty and filling and makes a change from Sunday roast.
Not much else has been up on the food front, as The Husband wanted certain favourite dishes for his (3 day) birthday celebrations, such as Côtes de Boeuf en Deux Cuissons and Mousse au Chocolat. I do, however, have some grand plans for March, including the resurrection of Pastry of the Week, and our very own Big Night, when we will be attempting the colossal 'Timpano' from scratch. April/May will see me sampling the gastronomic offerings of Canada. It's always exciting to travel to countries you haven't been to before, especially when that country has MAPLE BACON. Nuff said.
No comments:
Post a Comment