Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Macarong

Blimey! I hadn't realised how long it was since my last post!  And there won't be many in the next few weeks as it's far too nice out to be inside blogging. Take that, internet!
I shall maybe bang out some stuff soon about my current obsession with parmesan (sooo goooood) and there is a culinary goal for August: master macarons. A stupid  challenging choice, perhaps, given the temperature here in August, but what the hey.
First attempt was yesterday, with a new kit purchased from one of my favourite shops, Marie-Paule Cadeaux (if you're ever in the neighbourhood, pop in and check out the kitchenware and feel free to put points on my fidelity card!).  The initial stages went well, and Daughter and I were very optimistic, but they were still gooey underneath despite the cooking time recommended by the recipe that came with the kit.  We should perhaps have left them longer but we were worried about them going brown.  Looking at other recipes online, the sugar content may be a little out of proportion.  Or we simply cocked it up somehow.  The actual kit (silicone icing pouch and macaron tray) was excellent quality, the accompanying multi-lingual booklet not so much (as borne out by the errors in translation etc).
We shall be trying out various recipes until we find one that suits: further bulletins as events warrant.
I'm going out to play now.

No comments:

Post a Comment